WHO are Parish Ambassadors?
Parish Ambassadors serve as the direct line of communication between Catholic Charities and their parish. Ambassadors give witness to their passion for our mission by inviting fellow parishioners to join them in answering Christ’s call to serve those in need.
WHAT is a Parish Ambassador’s role?
• EDUCATE others about the mission, needs, and services of Catholic Charities.
• ENGAGE parishioners to take part in volunteer activities, speaker events, in-kind donation drives, and other support of our ministries.
• ELEVATE awareness of Catholic Charities family of ministries.
HOW can I do this?
1. LEARN more about Catholic Charities and its ministries by reviewing provided materials, attending a half-day orientation, and when possible, visiting our ministries.
2. MEET with our Parish Engagement Coordinator, your pastor, and other key parish staff to review the ambassador program materials and secure their support. Meet with the school principal and the CRE/DRE to share opportunities for faculty and students.
3. SHARE Catholic Charities news in your parish bulletin, social media or other communications.
4. INVITE parish groups to consider Catholic Charities and our agencies when planning service projects, guest speaker invitations, or other charitable activities.
5. DEVELOP at least one annual opportunity for parishioners to support our mission, such as a volunteer day, an in-kind donation drive, or a speaker.
For more information, please contact the Parish Engagement Coordinator Kristie Leritz,
314-256-5958 or firstname.lastname@example.org .