A big “Thanks” to Tapped in Maplewood for hosting our 2nd annual Young Professionals of Catholic Charities Happy Hour, April 12. The event was a great success, thanks to our eight Catholic Charities agencies, our co-host Saint Louis Young Adults, Tapped, and the roughly 100 young adults who came out to support us.
Attendees enjoyed the innovative self-pour taproom and collecting “passport stickers” by visiting representatives from our eight federated agencies. Completed passports could be turned in for a chance to win a Tapped gift card.
An all-around successful and enjoyable evening, the Happy Hour provided an opportunity for young adults to learn more about the various Catholic Charities agencies and their outreaches, as well as engage with other passionate young people in the area, all for a great cause.
Tapped owners Ryan and Lindsay Reel generously donated a percentage of the evening’s sales that totaled $150; attendees contributed additional cash donations throughout the evening, as well.
The event also brought increased awareness and interest in our Young Professionals Board. As a result, we look forward to adding new members soon. How truly blessed we are to be living in such a generous, Christ-centered community!
To enable young adult professionals to encounter Christ through charity
To promote awareness of Catholic Charities and its eight federated agencies
- Service and Advocacy Opportunities
- Professional Development Speakers, Activities and Mentoring
- Social Events
- Awareness Activities for Agencies
- Connection to other Young Professional or Young Friends groups at other agencies
Young Professionals (YP), Catholic Charities of St. Louis
- Support Catholic Charities of St. Louis mission in the next generation
- Provide opportunities to fulfill personal call to service
- Utilize the energy and creativity of young professionals to spread the Catholic Charities of St. Louis mission
- Organized a bus tour and visited the following agencies: Marygrove, Good Shepherd Children & Family Services, Saint Martha’s Hall and Cardinal Ritter Senior Services
- Collectively “adopted a family” for Christmas through Good Shepherd Children & Family Services
- Decorated Christmas cookies and spend time with residents of Cardinal Ritter Senior Services at St. Elizabeth’s Hall – December 18
- Co-hosted a Toast to the New Year – Happy Hour with St. Louis Young Adult Ministry – January 20
- Participated as a team at the Good Shepherd Children & Family Services Annual Dodgeball Tournament – February 17
- Helped as raffle ticket volunteers at Marygrove’s Bloom Event – February 24
- Filled supply bags for disaster survivors affected by the tornado in Perryville & later flooding – March 2
- Supported Queen of Peace Center’s Peace for Kids Trivia Night as a participants – March 11
- Attended St. Louis Football Club Game with Marygrove’s Young Professionals Board, Young Friends of St. Patrick Center and Catholic Family Services Young Professionals to support and join profit share – April 22
1) Visit and sign up for email updates and monthly newsletters here
2) If you have specific questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Core Leadership Team meets on the first Thursday evening of every month. If interested in learning more about the Core Leadership Team, please contact Brian Thouvenot at email@example.com.